SENIOR SCIENTIST – Laboratory Director
This position requires a broad knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry obtained by a degree and related job experience, to analyze and interpret data accurately and troubleshoot an array of instrumentation and production processes.
Expertise in identifying errors and troubleshooting analytical instruments is necessary to maintain the day to day operations of the laboratory. A general knowledge of ISO/GLP regulations is necessary to ensure the accuracy and precision of analytical results. Strong analytical skills are necessary to resolve issues with laboratory systems or client’s concerns. Interpersonal skills are critical to manage laboratory personnel and to discuss analysis results with clients. Must be hands-on in the development of new processes and products.
Organizational and planning skills are a must to ensure the daily operation of assigned tasks are completed in a timely and prioritized manner. A broad knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
Repair and maintenance of analytical instruments which include hardware and software
- Identifies, diagnoses and resolves instrument performance issues
- Plan and implement preventative maintenance to ensure minimal downtime
- Evaluate and harmonize laboratory methods, technology and equipment for current and future services.
- Ensure that laboratory operating systems are in compliance with quality, safety and productivity goals.
- Assure lab technology meets regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Support coordination and organization of follow-up audits and method implementation
- Support continuous improvement activities related to analytical techniques and quality system.
- Assists with client and regulatory audits to ensure compliance with ISO requirements
- Develop and maintain expertise in industry, technical, and functional areas key to the business
- Provide solutions and recommendations to solve internal and external customer issues to advance business opportunities
- Prepare and present technical presentations to external clients
- Provides technical expertise and serves as an internal expert across technical initiatives
- Communicates with clients to determine their needs during quotation process
- Communicate difficulties related to procedures and operations to the client as needed
- Performs routine and non-routine analysis utilizing various analytical instruments and outside contract laboratory services
- Review, interpret, and approve laboratory data
- Ensure the accuracy and precision of the analytical results (e.g. statistical process control charts, uncertainty, laboratory control samples, proficiency tests results)
- Coach, train and motivate laboratory analysts to increase their technical knowledge
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment
- Perform other related duties as needed per management requests
- B.S. Degree or M.S. in Chemistry, Engineering or Material Science, plus equivalent experience
- 10-15 years of hands-on experience in a regulated laboratory environment (ISO 17025)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Software (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Operational experience with GC, LC, GC/MS, LC/MS, IC, ICP
- Proficiency with Chemstation, OpenLab, Chromeleon, Xcalibur, WinLab32
- Knowledge of in LIMS and QMS.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 standards
- Understanding of data analysis/ statistical methods and root cause analysis
- Ability to manage stressful situations while working independently or as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Must be flexible in work schedule as overtime, weekend, and holidays may be required
- Must be able to obtain cannabis category specific work cards with the NV Dept of Taxation and the NLV Police Dept. Must be able to pass a background check.
- Resume’ and work references are required
- Relevant experience of 5 years (Preferred)
- Minimum of 21 years of age and possess valid driver’s license or state ID
- Must pass all required background checks and obtain cannabis work cards with the State of NV and City of NLV Police Dept
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State Cannabis regulations.
- Knowledge of safety and chemical hygiene practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards in the cannabis production industry.
- Experience in working with inventory mgmt. software, METRC, Leaflogix, computer literacy in working with Outlook email and Microsoft Office suite (mainly Excel).
- Must be familiar with regulatory compliance with hazardous waste collection and disposal regulations.
About the Position
Salary Range: $100,000 - $110,000 annual salary - based on experience. A 90-day performance review will be conducted.
Job Type and Schedule: Full time salaried position Day time hours – between
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid time off.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.