Senior Staff Accountant
Our company is looking for an enthusiastic and detailed-oriented Senior Staff Accountant to join our team. This position requires a combination of excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles. The right candidate must demonstrate outstanding attention to detail, be highly organized, and have excellent communication skills.
- Prepare and post month end journal entries.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial statements for multiple subsidiary companies.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual tax returns.
- Maintain supporting schedules and work papers.
- Support the staff accountant and accounting clerk in daily data entry and duties.
- Support the AP and AR functions of multiple companies.
- Process intercompany AP and AR.
- Support the weekly cashflow schedule preparation.
- Support in external audits.
- Manage highly confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion.
- Prepare and distribute other reports and/or analysis as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- A high level of respect and discretion for confidential information.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, goal oriented, and be able to successfully multitask.
- Must be capable of working independently, in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel.
- Strong proficiency using Quickbooks.
- Previous cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience working for a publicly traded company.
- Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Physically able to work seated in front of a computer for long hours at a time
- Approachable, positive attitude, and detailed oriented
- Dress in business casual attire
- Able to work business hours, Monday through Fridays. Work 8.5 - 10 hours + as needed to support the needs of the business.
- Trustworthy with privileged and confidential information. Required to sign an NDA.
- Must pass all background checks and obtain all needed cannabis agent cards with the State of NV and City of Las Vegas Metro Police Dept. Must be 21+ years of age or over.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Providing a resume and three references is required.
- Must have your own reliable transportation and a driver’s license.
- Follow all company policies, guidelines and protocol as required by the State of Nevada and the City of LV with strict compliance requirements within a highly regulated industry.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 lbs (75 lbs with assistance). This job function may include walking, standing, and/or sitting for long periods of time, as well as stooping, bending and/or crouching down.
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision insurance offered
- Paid Time Off accrual
- Holiday Pay according to handbook
- Employee discount
- Competitive annual salary
- Full time position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements. Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.