The Extraction Technician is responsible for assisting with the facility’s overall cannabis extraction process and day-to-day production following established protocol and regulations.
The Extraction Technician will work under the guidance of the Senior Extraction Technician who leads the extraction lab team through the activities required to manufacture, store, maintain equipment and materials necessary to run a world-class cannabis extraction lab.
- Follow Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Maintains extraction/infusion operations by initiating, coordinating and supporting operational policies and procedures
- Work closely with production team on all elements of the extraction, infusion testing and formulating processes
- Provide consistent support of extraction procedures, ensuring standardized requirements and accuracy
- Assist with various techniques for marijuana extraction and infusion, including butane extraction
- Perform QA/QC through analytical testing for quality, consistency and efficacy
- Responsible for supporting inventory tracking, record keeping and quality of product at all times, maintaining inventory via seed to sale tracking
- Equivalent combination of education BS Degree and experience preferred
- Experience with analytical testing required HPLC- and or GCMS specific experience preferred
- Experience in various cannabis testing or formulation methods preferred
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and multitasking skills
- Ability to interact professionally at all times, leading by example
- Maintain a controlled workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Tracking and logging of all extraction inputs and finished extraction products.
- Meeting planned daily production requirements and understands how to maintain JIT cycling inventory production goals
- Clean work areas and maintain tools in accordance with sanitation standards.
Experience and Education:
- Possession of a BS Degree, preferably in chemistry or similar field and two to four years of experience in related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations and analysis.
- Background check as a condition of employment, all employees are required to submit to a background check. Employment decisions, in compliance with state law, are based on an employee’s background report at the time of hire
- Must be able to obtain cannabis category specific agent cards with the State of NV Dept of Taxation and the NLV Police Department
- Resume and work references are required. Relevant experience of 4 years (Preferred)
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID
- Must pass any and all required background checks and obtain cannabis work cards with the State of NV and City of NLV Police Dept
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State Cannabis regulations.
- Knowledge of safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards in the cannabis production industry.
- Experience in working with inventory mgmt. software, METRC, Leaflogix, computer literacy in working with Outlook email and Microsoft Office suite (mainly Excel).
About the Position
Salary Range: $ 65,000 – $75,000 annual salary with a 90-day performance review
Job Type and Schedule:
- Full time salaried position
- Day time hours – between 8.5 -10 hours per day or as necessary to execute the priorities and needs of the company.
BenefitsHealth insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid time off, Store Discounts
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- United States (Required)
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
- Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.